Whether you agree with President Obama’s policies or not as our leader he deserves respect and needs our prayers. My heart has been heavy for the need of praying for our nation. I do not want to fail to pray for our nation and our leaders.
Samuel – the prophet/priest – before he died said, “As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.” (1 Samuel 12:23)
So since I want to obey God, I want to pray more often for our president and our leaders.
Here are somethings we all can pray for our president:
- That he obtain a saving faith in Jesus Christ and if he has one that he “works out his salvation with fear and trembling.” (Phil 2:12)
- That he surrounds himself with wise and diverse counsel.
- That he heeds wise counsel.
- That he seeks God’s counsel.
- That he seeks to unite our country not divide it.
- That he will work on compromises so our nation can function.
- That he remembers “plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed.” Proverbs 15:22
For more ideas about how to pray for our nation and leaders check out The Presidential Prayer Team. The whole aim of their ministry to get people to pray for our nation and its leaders.
Father God I pray for President Obama. I pray Your hand and Spirit guide and direct him into wisdom. I pray that he will surround himself with Your Word, Your counsel, and seek to know You in all he says and does. May he make wise choices for our country. May he be the father, husband, president You created Him to be. Father show Your glory in an amazing way through this president. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.