Do you ever wonder what the day after Easter was like? The mountain top experience Jesus is alive, but do you wonder if the disciples doubt? Did Thomas’ doubts take seed in the others who saw Jesus? Did they begin to think maybe it was something we all ate? I wonder.
I know I am apt to doubt and question. God calls me to do something and it isn’t as easy or fun or whatever that I think it should be, so I wonder if I heard right.
Oh but Jesus made sure the disciples knew it was Him. In fact He spent forty days on Earth before ascending to heaven. He appeared to the disciples and large groups of people. He was making sure everyone knew He was alive.
The same is true today. We do not have to doubt God’s call on our lives. If it is truly His call, He will confirm it. Often He doesn’t confirm it in the way we think He will, but He will confirm the call.
Today the day after Easter, I don’t have to doubt my Savior. He is RISEN INDEED. He is victorious over sin and death and hell. And He the God of all creation has a plan for our lives, mine and yours. Doubt it? I wouldn’t.
So here begins my list of things to thank God for:
402. My first give-away was a success thanks to all who joined in…
403. I am thankful for my first winner chosen with a Random Name Selector:
Caroline! Congratulations!!! Winner of $25 Amazon Gift Card
Please e-mail me with the e-mail address you want me to send your gift card to. 😉
404. My new blog design
405. Jesus’ sacrifice
406. My L gave her life to Christ on Easter
407. Chubby hands on my cheeks
409. My husband finished his test
410. My E turned 8 and is getting to be such a big girl
411. Ear piercing date with my big girl
412. Two lost teeth in one week (for E not me 😉 )
413. My husband who believes in me
414. My J whose smile lights a room
415. Rolling thunder
416. The sound of little feet coming to get me
417. Attempting to make homemade yogurt
418. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
419. Singing Praises at church on Easter Sunday
420. Sound of rain
421. Smell of rain
422. Sun peeking through the clouds
423. Wonderful teachers
424. Encouraging words
425. beauty in the mess
What are you thankful for?