Have you ever noticed that enemy tries to attack us and drag us down when we are stepping out in faith? So we have these warring factions in our hearts…One encouraging me because I am doing God’s will and it brings the peace and joy that comes from honoring and glorifying our Lord and Savior. The other brings doubts or stresses or points to the messy house, it brings discouragement, frustration, and a measuring stick that I could never possibly attain.
So here I am…Monday morning…messy kitchen, toys flung throughout the house, heart at war with itself…And yet I am still so thankful and grateful to our God. I am overwhelmed by His grace and mercy. I am awed by His love. I am thankful for so many things…Here is a list.
126. My son stayed in his big boy bed the first night all night!
127. Molly the talented photographer who took pictures of me
129. Time of worship in song
130. Tears of thankfulness shed for my loving Savior
131. No one mentioning the smear of mascara under my eyes after service
132. NFL Play-off weekend
133. College Basketball season
134. Pudgy hands clutching “sootballs” (footballs)
135. Pudgy cheeks to kiss
136. My sixth grade girls in Sunday School. They are really starting to dig into God’s word
137. Inexpensive CUTE shoes
139. When my son talks in exclamation points with his voice, eyes, and body language
140. Sore muscles (yes I have started working out again)
141. Golden grass…I think it is pretty, you can think it is dead, but I like it. 😉
142. Baking with three little chefs
143. My 7-year-old making pop-bead jewelry for the whole family
144. Toy scattered floors (signs of life)
145. Good report at the eye doctor for my sweet L! She is doing much much better with her glasses!
146. Glasses actually keep L from being so clumsy. Praise God for the school nurse testing her and her Eye Doctor working with us!
147. Colder weather for cuddling, hot chocolate
148. My kids love me to read to them and I love to read
149. The Action Bible (if you haven’t checked it out it is GREAT). My kids LOVE it as a tool to help them understand scripture.
150. My husband’s face of joy and fun while he plays his guitar
What are you grateful for?